Metabolic disorders are a group of conditions which can lead to life threatening disorders in future if not controlled, if you have
- Waist circumference over 102cm in men and 88 cm in women
- Serum cholesterol greater than 200mg/dl
- Lipid profile: HDL lowerthan40mg/dl in men and 50mg/dl in women
- Serum triglyceride greater than150mg/dl
- Blood pressure 140/90mmHg or above
- Fasting blood sugar 110mg/dl or above
Then you are having metabolic disorder. Major metabolic disorders include diabetic disorders, Hyper cholesterolemia, hypertension
- Environmental (low activity, sedentary lifestyle, weight gain)
- Smoking, alcohol consumption
- Carbohydrate rich diet
If not controlled this will lead to diabetes and heart disease, two major diseases affecting human beings.
Ayurveda and metabolic disorders
Ayurveda is the life science and it’s the correct choice for metabolic disorders. Ayurveda explains metabolic disorders as agni vaishamya (problems in digestion, absorption).This condition occurs due to vitiation of digestive fire, this can happen due to doshic imbalance a condition occur due to blockage in the individual channels of metabolism, as a result of this excess or improper digestion and absorption occur, and results in disease.
Ayurveda clearly indicates the correction of digestive fire by internal herbal medicinal formulations, along with correct diet regimes, physical activities and sedative external treatment modalities which removes the channel blockages, detoxifies the body as a whole..
Effective Ayurvedic formulations are there for controlling the serum cholesterol and serum glucose levels, special decoctions acting as cardiac protective along with immunity boosters control the body functions.