According to Ayurveda diseases occur in the body due to two factors one is nija (within the body), the other is aganthu (external factors). Sports injuries mainly occur due to sudden impact or due to continuous wear and tear. When an injury occurs due to sudden impact, the body responds to that condition, which leads to immobility and other inflammatory responses, It’s a protective mechanism of body.due to excessive body activity strained muscles, ligaments and tendons can get injured excess of toxin can accumulate in individual organ systems and can lower both mental and physical sharpness.
In Vaidhyamana, we have special panchakarma procedures which will refresh body and mind, improves the logical capacity along with accuracy and power to withstand stress. Vaidhyamana Best Ayurvedic Hospital in Ernakulam provides treatment for sports injuries.
We are specialized in
- Knee Injuries And Recovery (knee pain, ACL TEAR, quadriceps tendon inflammation, medial menisci injury, articular cartilage injuries, ligament injuries, patellar pain, repeated dislocations)
- Shoulder Injuries (rotator cuff injury, dislocations, inflammation of biceps, shoulder pain,
- Back Injuries (lower back pain, sciatica, lumbago. scoliosis, muscle strain, slip disc)
- Hip & Thigh Injuries (groin strain, hip bursitis, hamstring and quadriceps injuries)
- Ankle & Foot Injuries (plantar fascitis, healpain, metatarsal fractures, Achiles pain, broken ankle, sprained ankle)
- Neck Injuries (neckpain, neckstiffness, restricted movements)
- Calf & Shin Injuries (calf pain, muscular cramps)
- Arm & Elbow Injuries(tennis elbow, golfers elbow)
- Thumb &Wrist Injuries( carpel tunnel syndrome, wrist bursitis, metacarpal fractures)
- Head injuries
- Muscular rejuvenation
- Logical and mind boosters
For example, if we consider a case of ACL tear (knee), we should look at the stage of injury, you should need a correct clinical examination and relevant imaging techniques to determine the case. Then only it will be clear regarding the stage and management of the case.In almost all cases of ACL tear and associated soft tissue injuries including tendon and cartilage injuries of the first degree, second degree, third degree and partial tears, ayurvedic treatment gave better results than other systems without surgery. These are some of the findings from our experience
- ALLEVIATE PAIN
- IMPROVE FUNCTION
- DECREASE DISABILITY
- STRENGTHENS JOINT
Discussing ayurvedic treatments we have
- INTERNAL MEDICINES
- EXTERNAL THERAPIES
- VARMA CHIKITSA
We have specific formulations from our classics mainly ashtangahridaya and Sushruta which are very effective in managing soft tissue injuries, their clinical efficacy can be felt within one week of treatment.
These procedures come number one in treating sports injuries, there are many types of Treatments starting from LEPANAS, UPANAHA, MASSAGES WITH AND WITHOUT OIL, ELAKIZHI, NJAVARAKIZHI, etc.BANDAGE/BANDHANA is one of the important procedures while managing sports injuries, bandages are of different types and we practice almost all types of bandages mentioned in classics and it enables joint immobility and stability which should be given primary importance considering sports medicine.
These procedures specifically mentioned in classics are the main procedures which increase joint mobility and function along with pain management in minimum time.
This includes mainly agnikarma and occasionally rakthamoksha (panchakarma) and are very effective in almost all joint involved cases
Combining physiotherapy along with ayurvedic management increases the success rate in almost all cases.
From our experience and clinical statistics its clear, regarding the management of sports medicine in almost all the cases involving musculoskeletal system ayurvedic management is more effective than other systems without surgery.
Get the best Panchakarma treatment in Ernakulam from Vaidhyamana Ayurveda Hospital.